"50 Things You Need to Give Up Now". I've decided to post these 50 things. Not all at once. It's a little overwhelming. If I post 10 a day, I think it's easier to try and achieve giving up these things or at least bringing them to your attention. These are things that I find myself thinking about often and trying to improve upon.
1. Give up thinking you’re not ready. – Nobody ever feels 100% ready when an opportunity arises. Because most great opportunities in life force us to grow beyond our comfort zones, which means we won’t feel totally comfortable at first.
2. Give up setting small goals for yourself. – Many people set small goals because they’re afraid to fail.
3. Give up trying to do everything by yourself. – You are the sum of the people you spend the most time with. If you work together, you will be far more capable and powerful than you ever could have been alone.
4. Give up buying things you don’t need. – Manage your money wisely so your money does not manage you. Do not spend to impress others. Do not live life trying to fool yourself into thinking wealth is measured in material objects.
5. Give up blaming others for your troubles. – The extent to which you can live your dream life depends on the extent to which you take responsibility for your life. When you blame others for what you’re going through, you deny responsibility – you give others power over that part of your life.
6. Give up making mountains out of molehills. – One way to check if something is worth mulling over is to ask yourself this question: “Will this matter in one year’s time? Three years? Five years?” If not, then it’s not worth worrying about?
7. Give up trying to live up to the expectations of others. – Work on it for real and exceed your own expectations. Everything else will fall into place.
8. Give up the ‘easy street’ mentality. – There is too much emphasis on finding a ‘quick fix’ in today’s society.
9. Give up making promises you can’t keep. – Don’t over-promise. Over-deliver on everything you do.
10. Give up letting your thoughts and feelings bottle up inside. – People are not mind readers. They will never know how you feel unless you tell them.
10 more things coming next week! Are you finding these helpful? Inspiring?